Setia Greens-The Ultimate Green Living
  LiveLearnWorkPlay   S P Setia Berhad Group
Key Collection Procedures
1) When can I collect my house key?
Upon completion of your unit, a Letter of Handing Over of Vacant Possession will be mailed to you notifying you to take vacant possession. You are given 14 days from the date of receipt of the letter to settle all outstanding bills (inclusive of other charges) before making the appointment to collect the house keys from the Customer Care Department. The appointment date and time is subject to availability on a first-come-first-served basis.
2) Can my relatives or friends collect the key on my behalf?
Yes. Please submit your Letter of Authorisation in the format provided for by us prior to the day of key collection. On the actual day of key collection, your authorised personnel will need to bring along the original copy of the Letter of Authorisation and his/her NRIC for verification.
3) What is the procedure for key collection?
The keys can be collected at the Customer Care Department. You will receive a handover kit comprising the keys to your unit, a Resident's Handbook, warranties, inventory checklist, operating manuals, architectural and services layout plan and Utilities Application Forms. Our representatives will accompany you to the unit to check on the fittings.
4) Can I pay my outstanding bills and collect the keys later than 14 days from the date of receipt of Letter of Handing Over of Vacant Possession?
Yes you can pay the outstanding bills and collect the keys later than 14 days from the date of receipt of letter of Handing Over of Vacant Possession. Please take note that pursuant to Clause 23(3) of the Sale and Purchase Agreement: Upon the expiry of fourteen (14) days from the date of this letter, whether or not you have actually entered into possession or occupation of the above-mentioned Property, you shall be deemed to have taken delivery of vacant possession.
5) What is joint inspection? Can I collect the key without joint inspection?
Purchasers are advisable to carry out a joint inspection during the key collection. A joint inspection between your goodself and our Customer Care personnel is intended to ensure that all specifications as per the Sale and Purchase Agreement are provided and to identify any defects or feedbacks. Your complaints and feedbacks should be in writing and will be attended by us throughout the defects liability period.

Back to top
Defects Liability Period
1) How long is the Defects Liability Period (DLP)?
24 + 12 months from the date of notice to take possession for residential properties.
2) What is the extent of developer’s liability during DLP?
During DLP, you may notify our representatives of any reasonable defects arising from workmanship, quality of materials or any alleged (structural and constructional) defects that we can improve upon within reasonable expectations.
However, we will not be held responsible for defects arising from wear and tear, negligence of your own contractor(s) or your neighbours’ renovation works. It is therefore advisable that upon handing over of the unit, a joint inspection is carried out with our representative to register the defects.
3) How long will it take to complete the rectification works?
Once the issues have been brought to the attention of our Customer Care Team and upon technical’s verification that the defects are valid, our Customer Care Team will direct the main contractor to proceed with the rectification works.
Once the certified defect is rectified, our Customer Care Team will conduct a joint inspection with the owner to acknowledge and sign off the completed works.
The duration of the rectification works will depend on the extent of the work required. However, we will to the best of our efforts commence the rectification works within 14 working days and complete them within a month. Otherwise, our Customer Care Team will keep you informed of the measures to be taken and the revised schedules.

Back to top
1) When can I carry out my renovation works?
Preferably after all the registered defects have been rectified.
2) Can I make additions / alterations to my house?
Yes, but you will need to seek approval from the local council for all internal and external renovations before commencement of any works.
3) Can I change or add new doors in my house?
4) Can I install grilles for my windows and/or doors at the balcony?
For strata title development - Yes, but you are required to adopt only the approved grille design and colour so as to maintain the consistency of the building façade.
For Individual title development – Yes, without any constraint of the consistency of the building facade.
5) Am I allowed to change the colour of my external walls?
For strata title development - No, so as to maintain the consistency of the building façade.
For Individual title development – Yes, you may change the colour, but we would like to encourage you to maintain the colour of our development concept.
6) Can I knock down the internal wall?
Only non-load bearing walls can be demolished.
7) Should I need to do renovations in future, will I be given the necessary plans?
Yes, you will be given layout plans during the key collection day. However, they can only serve as a guide. All dimensions must be verified physically within your unit.

Back to top
Telecom, Electricity & Water Supply
1) Have all the switches, power points, telephone points been tested?
Yes, they have been tested and are in compliance with the relevant regulations.
2) When do I need to apply for my water, electrical and telecom accounts?
(For Penang) We will include it in our handover kit the Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) and Perbadanan Bekalan Air (PBA) application forms for your submission to the authorities.
As for Telephone services you may apply it from Telekom Malaysia.

Back to top
Mechanical & Electrical (M & E) Works
1) Can I continue the air-conditioning servicing and maintenance contract with your existing contractor after DLP?
Yes. You can approach the contractor directly.
2) Can I fix a ceiling fan or a chandelier from the ceiling?
Yes. However, please ensure that your contractor installs the correct fixtures/ hooks to the structure or structural floor slab above.

Back to top
1) Where can I pay the quit rent (Cukai Tanah) and how often do I have to pay in a year?
You may pay your quit rent at the Land office or via online banking and you will be charge once a year.
2) Where can I pay the assessment fees (Cukai Pintu) and how often do I have to pay in a year?
You may pay your assessment fees at the local council office or via online banking twice a year.

Back to top

Call +604 641 2255 now!
Fax: +604 642 2255
Sales Gallery
Setia Welcome Centre, SPICE,
No. 108 Jalan Tun Dr. Awang,
11900 Relau, Penang.
Green Features:
No.1 The Edge
No.1 The Edge
Copyright © 2017 S P Setia Bhd Group. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy & Terms and Conditions of Use.